Food Supplement Label Checking
All Food Business Operators, Importers and on-line sellers have a responsibility to ensure that the Food Supplement that they are selling is safe for consumption and legally labelled. Food supplement compliance for UK market is predominantly regulated by:
- Food Information Regulations (EU) 1169/2011
- The Food Supplements Regulations 2003, as amended, which implements EC Directive 2002/46/EC
- Nutrition and Health Claims Regulation (EC) 1924/2006
Our expert consultants can assess your food supplement labels quickly to ensure they meet UK and EU legislation, which have undergone significant upheaval in the last few years giving you peace of mind that your product will be compliant.
Compliance reports include (list not exhaustive):
- Ensuring all mandatory information is declared
- Product name approval
- Ingredient verification for appropriate market
- Source of vitamin and mineral verification
- Additive review for food supplement category
- Novel Food identification
- Allergen declaration check
- Nutrition information
- Quantity marking
- Date coding
- Storage instructions and instructions for use
- Field of vision requirements
- Health & Nutrition Claims and other claims
- Product warnings and other mandatory requirements
A product that is recalled due to an incorrect or non-compliant label will not only be expensive for your business, but often damaging to your brand.
With a swift and reliable approach to label checking, we can help you achieve accurate and legal food supplement labels that your business can use with confidence. Our knowledgeable associate base has experience with a wide range of clients, and it is our aim to exceed your expectations in every project we undertake.